Special Clinical Interest
Arthroscopic & Sports Surgery
English and Bahasa Malaysia
MBBS, International Islamic University Malaysia, Year 2002
Board Certifications & Fellowship
- Fellowship of Arthroscopic & Sports Surgery Ministry of Health Malaysia, Year 2016
- Fellowship, Sport Orthopaedic Surgery (Germany), Year 2015
- Fellowship, Arthroscopy & Knee Surgery (Italy), Year 2014
- Master of Surgery (Orthopedics), UKM, Year 2011,
- International AO Trauma Foundation
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery & Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- Malaysian Arthroscopy Society (MAS)
- Malaysian Orthopaedic Association (MOA)
Dr. Mohd Rusdi Abdullah obtained his MBBS from International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM) in 2002. Upon completion of his basic medical degree, Dr. Rusdi was posted to various KKM hospitals in Penang, Kedah and Kuala Lumpur. During his attachment at the Orthopaedic Department, Dr. Rusdi found his interest and decided to pursue his Master program in the field of orthopaedic surgery. With his determination, Dr. Rusdi completed his Master of Surgery (Orthopaedic) from the National University of Malaysia (UKM) in May 2011 with Gold Medalist Award.
Dr. Rusdi was appointed as Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon at Hospital Tuanku Ampuan Najihah, Negeri Sembilan in June 2011 and was transferred to Hospital Sungai Buloh in January 2012. With his interest in sport medicine and arthroscopy surgery, he joined the fellowship program in Arthroscopy & Knee Surgery at Instituto Orthopedico Rizzoli Di Bologna, Italy in 2014 and fellowship program in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy Surgery at Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany in early 2015. He is now the Orthopaedic & Traumatology Surgeon at Selayang Hospital as well as Visiting Consultant Orthopaedic & Traumatology Surgeon at Alpha Specialist Centre.
Besides practising as Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dr. Rusdi also actively involved in research study, publication and medical proceedings. He had been invited as guest speaker at various Medical Conferences & Annual Scientific Meetings over the last 3 years.
Dr. Rusdi is also a Certified Medical Impairment Assessor (CMIA) of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and Certified Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) by the American College of Surgeons.
- A. Rusdi, A.Shahrulazua, H.T Siti, N.M Nizlan. Short-term Functional Outcomes of a Delayed Single-stage Reconstruction of Chronic Posterior Cruciate Ligament and Posterolateral Corner Deficiency. La Clinica Terapeutica 2014;165 (1).
- Accuracy of Physical Diagnostic Test for ACL Tears in Chronic PCL Deficiency. – Presented as Poster Presentation at the 44th Malaysian Orthopedic Association Annual General and Scientific Meeting, Kuala Lumpur, 29 May – 1 st June 2014.
- A Review of Open Long Bone Frcature Treated with Immediate Stabilization in Hospital Kuala Lumpur. – Presented as Poster Presentation at the 44th Malaysian Orthopedic Association Annual General and Scientific Meeting, Kuala Lumpur, 29 May – 1 st June 2014.
- Functional Outcome of Multiligament Knee Reconstruction in Hospital Kuala Lumpur – Presented as poster presentation at the Malaysian Orthopedic Association Meeting 2010, Johor Bahru.
- Functional Outcome of Chronic Delayed Simultaneous Combined PCL and PLC Reconstruction – Presented as oral presentation at the Malaysian Orthopedic Association Meeting 2011, KLCC and presented as poster presentation at the Asean Arthroscopy and Sport Medicine Congress, Kuala Lumpur 2013.
- Published in the Journal La Clinica Terapeutica in January 2014. Presented orally at the The 7th Conmedic Linvatec Asia Arthroscopy Symposium, Bali, Indonesia June 27th -28th 2014.
- Radial Head Replacement Surgery – Presented as poster presentation at the Malaysian Orthopedic Association Meeting 2012, Kuantan.
- Early Functional Outcome of Radial Head Replacement Surgery using Acumed Anatomic Radial Head Prosthesis – Accepted for oral presentation at the 43rd Malaysian Orthopedic Association (MOA) and 33rd Asean Orthopedic Association (AOA) annual congress, Kuching, Malaysia 2013.
- Traumatic Fracture of Accessory Navicular in A Female Athlete: A Case Report – presented as poster presentation at the Asean Arthroscopy and Sport Medicine Congress, Kuala Lumpur 2013
- Poster Presentation at the 44th Malaysian Orthopedic Association Annual General and Scientific Meeting, Kuala Lumpur, 29 May – 1 st June 2014.
|Monday||* 6 pm till 8:30 pm||Suite No: 2 – 1|
|Tuesday||* 6 pm till 8:30 pm||Suite No: 2 – 1|
|Wednesday||* 6 pm till 8:30 pm||Suite No: 2 – 1|
|Saturday||* 9 am till 1 pm||Suite No: 2 – 1|
* By Appointment Only